Resigning from you current job…
Regardless of the reason in most cases, always try to avoid leaving your current employer on bad terms. There are right and wrong ways to resign, as with everything else in life, and getting it wrong can impact your career.
Following these guidelines will help ensure that things go as smoothly as possible:
- Don't hand in your notice when you are angry or upset
- Don't feel obliged to provide specific reasons for your resignation
- Do write a simple letter stating the date from which your notice period will begin
- Don't tell everyone else before you tell your boss
- Inform your boss face-to-face and don't labour on negative points about the company or the job
- Don't feel obliged to tell your boss where you are going. It is your choice whether you disclose this information
- Do be co-operative if you are required to help with a hand-over period
- Do try to make sure your work is up to date and organised before you leave
- Do think about what you will say if your boss makes you a counter offer
- Do try to leave on good terms. A good reference is vital.
If you are having reservations about resigning or just need someone to talk to about the best approach, please do not hesitate to call Ibell Recruitment & Staffing. For some people this is one of the hardest parts of the job search process and it is not unusual to feel mixed emotions.
Preparing for interview success...
The better you have prepared the more confident, competent and relaxed you will be at your interview. Make sure you know... The exact time (and you should arrive a little... read more
Attending a 'competency based' interview...
Competency Based or behavioural interviewing is based on the belief that past behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour. The interviewer(s) will aim to obtain information about a... read more
Resigning from your current job...
Regardless of the reason in most cases, always try to avoid leaving your current employer on bad terms. There are right and wrong ways to resign, as with everything else... read more
Handling a 'counter offer'...
Counter offers are more common than you might think. Recruiting quality people can be an expensive and time-consuming process for employers and you might unexpectedly find yourself in a bargaining... read more
When you partner with Ibell Recruitment & Staffing the first thing you experience is our commitment to relationships, the depth of our experience, and first-class service...
We are pleased to advertise a selection of the vacancies we are currently recruiting for here...
Help and Advice
For tips on various aspects of the job hunting process, why not visit our Help and Advice section
Why not read what some of our existing clients and job seekers say about their experiences of working with us...
Need to find or make contact with us?...